Huntington, WV Brain Injury Attorney
Helping You Attain the Care and Compensation You Deserve
Of all the critical injuries you could sustain, a brain injury is arguably one of the most complex. While immediate symptoms after the incident may disappear in a few days, a serious brain injury may incur less apparent conditions that continue to affect you indefinitely. Those who obtain a concussion, for example, are more susceptible to concussions in the future, and the damage becomes increasingly severe over time.
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is brain dysfunction caused by a jolt, bump, or blow to the head. According to the CDC, symptoms may include:
- Blurred vision
- Dizziness or loss of balance
- Headaches or sensitivity to light and noise
- Nausea or vomiting
- Change in sleeping patterns or ability to fall asleep
- Difficulty concentrating or remembering
- Fatigue, irritability, sadness, or anxiety
Treating your brain injury as soon as possible is vital, and Huntington, WV’s Burnside Law is here to help you fight for the care and compensation you deserve. Whether the negligent party is the person or group who caused the accident, the doctor who misdiagnosed your injury, or the insurance agency that disregarded your right to coverage, we will devote our time and resources to helping you obtain justice.
Seek medical attention immediately if your symptoms are becoming increasingly severe. Then call (888) 724-9319 so we can begin your fight for compensation.
Why You Need Our Legal Team on Your Side
When you go to the hospital after a head injury, you may assume the doctor will properly diagnose resulting conditions and provide you the care you need. You also may assume your insurance will treat your injury with respect and provide you the coverage they promised. Many of our clients, however, aren’t so lucky—and that’s where we step in.
You need a skilled brain injury lawyer who will advocate for you and hold all negligent parties responsible. When you enlist our support:
- We will work to make sure you receive the medical care you need. Not all doctors are properly trained to diagnose traumatic brain injuries. They are much more difficult to detect than broken bones, and symptoms may overlap with psychological conditions such as depression or PTSD. Emergency rooms typically release you if your initial symptoms fade, if you do not show signs of a life-threatening condition, or if they diagnose you with a “mild” brain injury. If your doctor or hospital is negligent, our legal team will advocate for you, becauseuntreated brain injuries may have devastating and lasting consequences.
- We will fight uncooperative or indifferent insurance companies. In an effort to save money, your insurance representative may disregard your claims and assume you are overreacting—especially when your symptoms are classified as psychological. But our attorneys know psychological conditions deserve just as much attention as their physical counterparts. We will not dismiss you, and we will work to ensure your insurance company doesn’t either.
- We will help you decide if you need to appoint a guardian or conservator. A severe brain injury may temporarily or permanently restrict the victim’s legal capacity to make decisions, especially if the victim is elderly. We will help you determine if the victim needs a guardian or conservator, and if so, we will help you through the probate process and advocate for the victim’s proper care.
Contact Our Huntington, WV Brain Injury Attorney Today
Brain injuries require immediate and intensive support. In our years of experience, we have helped clients who were injured due to gross negligence or were overlooked after the injury by their care providers. If a full and timely recovery is possible, you deserve the treatment and compensation needed to get there. Our team of compassionate lawyers is ready to fight for those resources on your behalf.
We look forward to beginning your case. Get in touch with our law firm today at (888) 724-9319 or schedule your free consultation online.