Portsmouth Car Accident Lawyers
Pursue Damages with a Trial-Tested Legal Team
Each year, over 400,000 Americans are injured or killed in traffic collisions caused by distracted, reckless, and intoxicated drivers. Tragically, most car accident survivors sustained severe physical and cognitive injuries that demand costly medical treatments, surgical procedures, and ongoing rehabilitation services. It can be extremely difficult for victims to afford their medical bills, especially if they’re unable to work due to their injuries.
If you’ve been injured by the actions of a negligent motorist, contact the Portsmouth car accident attorneys at Burnside Law today. Our experienced legal team is proud to provide personalized services, compassionate counsel, and skilled representation to the residents of the Tri-State area. We can thoroughly investigate your case, develop a personalized case strategy that reflects your legal objectives, and negotiate with insurance company representatives to maximize your claim. With our guidance, you can secure a beneficial settlement or verdict that alleviates your debts and helps you maintain your prior standard of living.
Contact Burnside Law at (888) 724-9319 to explore your legal options. We provide our services on a contingency fee basis, so you can pursue justice and compensation without worrying about attorney fees.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Ohio
To obtain a positive case result, your legal representative needs to prove that a negligent party is responsible for your injuries and financial losses. Unfortunately, most car collisions occur when motorists adopt dangerous habits or start driving recklessly.
Negligent driving behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Distracted driving
- Failing to yield
- Running red lights
- Talking with passengers
- Eating or drinking
At Burnside Law, our legal team can meticulously research the accident, collect vital evidence, and construct a litigation strategy that identifies the at-fault party. Once we have this information, we can go toe-to-toe with the defendant’s insurance company and help you secure a settlement that covers your injury-related debts and escalating medical expenses. Of course, we can also take your case to court if the insurer refuses to provide you with the compensation your condition warrants.
Five Steps to Take After a Car Accident
When you are involved in a car crash, it is normal to feel overwhelmed, confused, and in shock. Once you and your loved ones have gotten to safety after an accident, there are several important steps to take to ensure the continued health and protection of those involved in an accident.
Follow these five important steps to take after a car accident in Portsmouth:
- Call the police and an ambulance- Filing a police report and attending to medical needs are the most important steps to take after an accident.
- Do not admit fault- Ohio is an at-fault state, which means that there must be fault attributed to a party involved in a car crash. Be cautious of what you say so that liability is not incorrectly attributed to your actions.
- Document the scene of the accident- It is important to take pictures of the accident and any property that was damaged. This may help to prove that you were not liable for the damages sustained in the accident.
- Contact your insurance company- File an insurance claim right away with your insurance company. Do not admit to fault, but try to be very detailed regarding the events that took place leading up to your accident.
- Seek representation of an accident lawyer- Seeking compensation for your injuries sustained in a car accident can be a complicated process. Our attorneys can help you and your loved ones receive the compensation that you deserve for your injuries.
Injured by a Negligent Motorist? Call Burnside Law Today
Per the statute of limitations in Ohio, you have 2 years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim. Of course, there are exceptions associated with this law, so it’s imperative that you discuss your case with an experienced attorney as soon as possible. Plus, it’s important to know what steps you should take immediately after a car collision to protect your claim. If you’re ready to take legal action, turn to a law firm with a comprehensive understanding of the laws and regulations surrounding this complicated legal process. Call today!
Contact Burnside Law at (888) 724-9319 to schedule a free, no-risk consultation.
1118 Hutchins Street, Suite A
Portsmouth, OH 45662