Knee Injury Attorneys in Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia
Fighting to Hold the Responsible Parties Accountable
Knee injuries can be caused by violent car accidents, but they can also be caused by car accidents when the vehicles involved sustain little to minor damage. However, even when knee injuries occur in severe, high-speed collisions, the insurance company will not automatically offer fair compensation in a timely manner. No matter what type negligence responsible for the knee injury occurs, the insurance company will craft an argument to fight the validity of your claim.
At Burnside Brankamp Law, our local knee injury attorneys can help you understand your legal options. We strive to hold the responsible parties accountable for your serious injuries while working to recover the full, fair compensation you are owed.
Get in touch with our team today at (888) 724-9319 to schedule your free initial consultation with our team.
Why Hire a Knee Injury Attorney
You need an attorney who is experienced in knee injury cases:
- Initially, the most important thing is that you are receiving proper medical treatment. Immediately after your injury, if you are experiencing pain in your knee(s), it is important to seek medical treatment. At the initial doctor’s appointment, it is important to tell your doctor that your knee injury began after a motor vehicle accident. If you do not tell your doctor how the injury was sustained, it will not be documented in your medical records (which is what the insurance companies use to substantiate their initial offer).
- In today’s reality, it is rare for a doctor to opine that your injury is directly related to your accident. This is especially the case for severe knee injuries that require years, if not a lifetime of treatment. In the several months after your accident, your doctor is unlikely to opine in his notes after each and every visit that the treatment is related to the claim. The insurance company will use this as evidence that your knee injury is not related; was pre-existing; or caused by age. This is why it is important to take advantage of our free consultation so we can explain how we can help and so we can explain the intricacies of your case.
- We fight insurance companies who don’t treat knee injuries with the seriousness that they deserve: At Burnside Brankamp Law, our team of experienced attorneys has litigated and resolved several knee injury claims.
- Contrary to sympathetic commercials shown by insurance companies, they don’t have your best interests in mind. In reality, insurance adjusters’ jobs are to “adjust” (usually to as low of a monetary amount as possible) the value of your case. This involves concocting many different reasons why your knee injury is not related to your case. Some of these reasons may include that your knee injury cannot be related to your accident because you sustained a fall 10 years ago, and this explains your knee injury (even if you did not, and have never previously complained of knee pain to your doctors prior to your accident). Another reason given by insurance companies is that your knee pain is degenerative (i.e., age-related).
- At Burnside Brankamp Law, we believe that knee injury clients should not be treated with suspicion but should receive the benefit of the doubt. You deserve the compassion that an insurance representative will likely not provide. Our local Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia knee injury attorneys can help you fight for the justice and compensation you need to assist with the cost of ongoing medical treatment, lost income, physical pain, emotional distress, and more.
We fight for people who suffer the following knee injuries and effects:
- Menisci Tears: Two wedge-shaped pieces of cartilage act as "shock absorbers" between your thighbone and shinbone. These are called menisci. They are tough and rubbery to help cushion the joint and keep it stable. After a traumatic event, you may sustain a tear of your meniscus or menisci. The most common symptoms are pain, stiffness, swelling, catching or locking of your knee, and/or the sensation of your knee “giving way;”
- Bursitis: Inflammation of the small fluid-filled sac (bursa) near your knee joint;
- Sprains/Strains: A sprain is a stretching or tearing of your ligaments; a strain is a stretching or tearing of your muscle or tendons;
- Sleep disturbances;
- Decreased mobility; and
If you are having these symptoms from someone else’s negligence, you should discuss this with your doctor. It is important that you are treated for your knee injury not just for your personal injury case, but more importantly, your overall health.
How Insurance Companies Treat Knee Injuries
If you have had only x-rays of your knee (which can show fractures but are not as detailed) Consider the following tests:
- MRI. An MRI is more detailed than x-rays, and can be used to diagnosis menisci tears that will not show up on x-rays. Until these are shown on a more sensitive test like an MRI, the insurance company will not assess full value to your claim.
Insurance adjusters are more likely to assess value to knee injuries when there is an objective finding - - or a doctor opining that a car accident victim has bursitis or a tear based upon an MRI or some other factor.
Jared is one of the best lawyers around my hubby had a ticket and he got it dropped.
Jared is one of the best lawyers around my hubby had a ticket and he got it dropped and he is working on another case for us I appreciate all he is doing for us.- Elizabeth Miller
The best lawyer I have ever worked with hands down!!! I highly recommend him!!
Jared is a great lawyer. I was nervous about my case and he assured me he would do his best to make sure it would be fine and indeed he did just that. Compassion for his work and is always one call away. He always answers any of the quest you have even after my case I call and ask questions and he is always available to answer them. The best lawyer I have ever worked with hands down!!! I highly recommend him!!- Technician
I would definitely hire Jared again in the future. Thank you Mr. Brankamp.
Mr. Brankamp turned a very scary, unknown legal matter into a situation we could calmly navigate through. He was polite but frank, fact finding yet empathetic. He really made us feel like he had our daughter's best interest. Even during a pandemic when we could not meet face to face, he was easy to communicate with and always kept us in the loop on what was happening. I would definitely hire Jared again in the future. Thank you Mr. Brankamp.- Elisha Bound