Tri-State Car Accident Attorney
Injured in a Car Accident in Portsmouth? Burnside Law, LLC Can Help.
Unfortunately, car accidents happen every single day. Ohio motorists often find themselves in both minor and serious collisions on our state’s highways, freeways, and roads. Many of these accidents are caused, in some part, by negligence. Distracted driving, drunk driving, speeding, and other acts of negligence cause countless accidents and injuries every year.
At Burnside Law, we are committed to holding negligent drivers responsible when their actions leave your or your loved one dealing with serious, life-altering injuries. Our car accident lawyers in the Tri-state area believe that you shouldn’t have to deal with the consequences of someone else’s careless or reckless behavior on your own. Instead, we are prepared to fight for you every step of the way.
Injured in a car accident? Contact our tri-state car accident lawyer at (888) 724-9319 to schedule your free consultation with us today! Offices in OH, KY & WV.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
There are a variety of factors that can contribute to a car accident. Some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Poor road conditions
- Reckless driving
- Defective auto parts
- Failure to yield
Types of Car Accident Claims We Handle
When you are involved in a car accident, you experience a traumatic event regardless of how devastating the injuries or damages are. Car accidents are caused by multiple types of negligent behaviors, and working through an insurance claim can be a complicated process.
Our Tri-State car accident attorneys handle car accident claims including but not limited to:
- Distracted driving accidents: Car accidents as a result of distracted driving are increasing in the United States. Over 80% of motorists admit to using their phones while they are driving. Distracted driving may also include eating while driving, adjusting music, or any other means of failure to maintain focus on the road.
- Drunk driving accidents: An individual who was involved in a car accident may be able to recover compensation from the other driver if they are found to be less than 50% negligent for the fault of the accident. In Ohio, those who are involved in drunk driving accidents are generally able to sue the negligent party for damages that occurred as a result of their accident.
What to Expect Physically After a Car Accident
The first thing you should do after any car accident, no matter how minor it may seem, is to seek medical treatment. Even if you believe that your injuries are not serious, it’s important to have them checked out by a trained medical professional as, often times, the initial shock of the accident can mask your symptoms. Other times, injuries may take days, hours, or even weeks to appear.
What to do After a Car Accident
Once you have checked yourself and others for injuries, you should do the following:
- Gather the other involved drivers’ information, including insurance information
- Contact the police and fill out a police report
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, including damage to your vehicle
- Obtain any eyewitness statements if possible
- Contact your own insurance company and inform them of the accident
- Reach out to a car accident attorney near you
Common Injuries and Damages from Car Accidents
Car and motor vehicle accidents occur suddenly and without warming. Many of them result in serious bodily injury or even death. Not only do you need to worry about your health and wellbeing but mounting medical bills can also be a huge burden. The experienced legal team at Burnside Law can help you get the compensation you need while you focus on recovering. Common car accident-related injuries include:
- Back injuries
- Brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Fractured bones
- Head and neck injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Lacerations and scrapes
How Much Can You Get From A Car Accident Case?
Dealing with a car accident case while trying to recover can be a difficult and complicated affair. An experienced car accident attorney can help guide you through the process and get the maximum amount or compensation to help you recover. The amount of compensation that you will receive depends on the severity of the injury. You may be entitled to compensation for:
- Emergency medical services
- Rehabilitation and other medical expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Costs associated with a permanent disability
- Wages and lost income
- Damaged property
- Wrongful death
Hear It From Our Satisfied Clients!
An experienced attorney can help you understand your legal options and devise a plan of action tailored to your unique situation. Our firm is prepared to help you pursue the maximum compensation you are owed. We have offices conveniently located throughout Ohio, as well as in Ashland, KY and Huntington, WV.