Trusted Tri-State Gun Accident Attorneys - (888) 724-9319
Whether you use guns for target shooting, hunting, or in your line of work, you are most likely to be familiar with gun laws, gun safety, and other important regulations to prevent harm. You may even have taken courses and trainings, taught others to handle guns, and had years of experience handling firearms. Unfortunately, training and experience can’t always protect you from firearm injuries. Our Portsmouth personal injury attorneys are well-versed in cases involving defective firearms and ammunition.
Contact Burnside Law, LLC today! Offices in KY, OH & WV. We can help get the compensation you deserve.
Gun & Ammo Malfunctions Are Common
Even with the most care and training you can have, defective weapons and ammunition can still cause serious injuries. Firing malfunctions can even be deadly. If you or a loved one have been injured due to defective ammo or a defective handgun, shotgun, or rifle, don’t hesitate to call our team today.
Common gun and ammo defects include:
- Barrel explosions and ammo that explodes inside barrels
- Ammo case head separation
- Faulty bolt action and failure to eject and load rounds
- Hang fires or delayed discharge
- Squib loads that lodge bullets into the barrel
- Hammer follow malfunctions
- Unintended discharge or slam fires
- Faulty gun safety devices
How Do Gun Malfunctions Occur?
These dangerous and deadly malfunctions can be quite unexpected, but is often cause by one of several negligent circumstances, including:
- A negligent owner who doesn’t properly clean and maintain their weapon.
- A negligent manufacturer who produces faulty or misassembled firearms or ammunition.
- A negligent retailer who knowingly sells faulty or defective guns or ammo.
- A negligent shooting range, hunting outfit, or business that leases or provides defective weapons or ammunition to customers.
Get Help with Your Case from Our Tri-State Personal Injury Attorneys - (888) 724-9319
Firearm injuries can be quite severe, which is why it is important to have a successful case against the negligent party. If you were injured by a defective weapon or ammunition, you deserve compensation for your injuries. Our tri-state attorneys have the resources to thoroughly investigate your injury or death claim to bring you justice. We have a passion for gun violence insurance claims, and are ready to fight for your case. Let us help you get the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a free consultation to begin your case. Contact our office by calling (888) 724-9319.